We've partnered with the amazingly talented baker + food blogger, Melissa Ann, on a Summer Grilling Mini-Series! Melissa owns a handmade small-batch Gourmet Baked Good business in Grand Rapids called Cheat Day Sweets. She is also the digital creator for Wine and a Whisk on Instagram - give her a follow for so many mouth-watering recipes! See below for the first recipe we worked on together, Lemon Salmon + Artichoke Skewers paired with our Unwooded Chardonnay, and stay tuned for more!
This dish pairs extremely well with our Unwooded Chardonnay because of its crisp acidity, delicate fruit flavors, and lean citrus aromas of lime and lemon zest.
● 1 pound salmon cub into cubes
● 1 jar artichoke hearts
● 1 lemon sliced thinly and halved
● 1 bell pepper cut into large chunks (I used red, yellow and green mixed)
● 1/2 red onion cut into large chunks
● salt and pepper to taste
● 1/4 cup fresh sweet basil chopped finely
● 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped finely
● 3 tablespoons olive oil
● 2 tablespoons lemon juice
● 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
● 2 cloves garlic minced
● 1/8 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
1. Soak wooden skewers in water for at least an hour prior to using. Alternately, use metal skewers.
2. Prepare the marinade by adding all the ingredients together in a small dish. Mix to combine and refrigerate for an hour or more.
3. Add the salmon to 4 skewers, alternating salmon and thinly sliced pieces of lemon. Drizzle with 1/2 of the marinade. The marinade can simply be spooned on, or you can use a brush to more evenly coat the skewers. Try to get all sides to help salmon not stick to the grill.
4. Add the artichoke hearts, peppers, and onions to 4 skewers
5. Over a very hot grill, cook the skewers for 4-6 minutes. Flip, and cook the other side until the salmon is cooked throughout. The salmon should not stick to your grill when it is cooked on one side. Cook veggies until they are cooked to preferred crispness.
6. Serve the skewers with the remaining lemon sauce.